WAYNE, N.J. – The William Paterson men’s soccer team (1-1-0) was unable to answer Ramapo’s (2-0-1) two late goals in the second period as the Pioneers fell to the Roadrunners 3-1 on March 17.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- An arcing pass from their defensive end set the Roadrunners up with a breakaway opportunity that ended with a goal and gave Ramapo the early 1-0 lead at the 8:06 mark.
- WP was able to answer the Roadrunners goal at the 23:34 mark in the first period as pass from senior forward/midfielder Chris Fuentes (Red Bank, N.J./Red Bank Regional) set up sophomore midfielder Alfredo Gonzalez (Hillsborough, N.J./Hillsborough) with the game tying goal.
- A back-and-forth battle in the second period finally saw an advantage towards the end of the contest as Ramapo was able to convert a penalty shot opportunity at 82:54 mark to give the Roadrunners the 2-1 lead.
- Ramapo was able to muster another quick strike at the 86:21 mark, extending the game to a 3-1 Roadrunner advantage, making the deficit too great for the Pioneers to overcome.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore goalkeeper Thomas Hatch (Kinnelon, N.J./Kinnelon) recorded three saves for WP.
- William Paterson will return to Pioneer Soccer Park on Wednesday, March 24 at 6:00 p.m. as they host Montclair State.