NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Phil Murphy held his daily briefing. Watch in video below.
Power in NJ
- About 310,800 outages statewide (down from 1.4 million)
- Would the governor consider fines for utility companies each day there’s not power? Murphy says he’s uncertain of fines. “We have to keep in mind, safety.”
Reopening in NJ
- NJ Housing Mortgage Finance Agency standing up a $25 million Small Landlord Emergency Grant Program to assist landlords and tenants.
- NJ adding new dashboard related to contact tracing efforts. (allows everyone to see where the contact tracers are on the job)
Unemployment in NJ
- $1.3 million met monetary requirement for benefits
- More than $13.2 billion has been given to NJ residents.
- Congress needs to provide cash assistance to states
Schools in NJ
- FAQs for school districts are no online: nj.gov/education
- Total cases: 184,061 (384 new cases)
- Positivity rate: 1.95%
- Rate of transmission: 1.15 (down from Thursday, and Sunday’s four-month high)
- Hospitalizations: 551 (298 were covid-confirmed)
- Total deaths: 14,007 (12 new deaths; 7 in the last five days)
As of Thursday afternoon, there are 183,701 confirmed COVID-19 cases in New Jersey with 13,996 coronavirus fatalities.