NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Phil Murphy held his daily coronavirus briefing. Watch in video below.
Reopening in NJ
- Signed the “New Jersey COVID-19 Emergency Bond Act” to secure core services as we emerge from the pandemic.
- We need to make New Jersey the state where everyone can thrive.
- Gov. signing Governor’s Disaster Recovery Office and the COVID-19 Compliance Task Force to ensure oversight of funds used in recovery.
- The Governor’s Disaster Recovery Office will ensure that all funds are expended in compliance with federal rules and regulations.
- Today is the last day to apply for COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance program. Visit: nj.gov/dca
- Effective Monday, NJ Health Dept. will launch electronic survey that collects information about residence, destination.
- Access survey by texting NJTRAVEL to 898211
- Visiting: http://covid19.nj.gov/njtravel
- Scanning a QR code on airport posters
- When will NJ see more reopenings in general?
- Total cases: 176,551
- Rate of transmission: Up overnight to 1.11
- Hospitalizations: 844 (397 of which are known COVID positive)
- 139 ICU/CCU admissions
- Death toll: 13,710
- Percentage of young people testing positive 22% during the end of June prior to just 12% in April
As of Thursday afternoon, there are 176,501 confirmed COVID-19 cases in New Jersey with 13,691 coronavirus fatalities.