NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Phil Murphy held his daily coronavirus briefing.
Unemployment in NJ:
- $9.1 billion have been paid out to New Jerseyans
- 2,664 individuals applied to become a contact tracer
- 357 individuals have on boarded since June 11, 2020
- Total cases: 172,356
- Hospitalizations 1,027
- ICU/CCU admissions: 216
- Discharges: 83
- Death toll: 13,251
Reopening in NJ
- Effective Friday, limit on outdoor gatherings can be raised from 250 to 500
- Extending public health emergency for additional 30 days
- Limits on all indoor gatherings – 25% of capacity, but with a maximum of 100 people – remain unchanged.
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
- 3 new cases of MIS-C in NJ
- 51 total
- Either tested positive for COVID-19 or positive antibody tests
- 9 currently hospitalized
Voting in NJ
- Primaries is on July 7
- There are hybrid voting (mail + in-person)
- Murphy suggests voting by mail
Museums, amusement parks, casinos, playgrounds, libraries and more are set to reopen at limited capacity Thursday.
As of Thursday morning, there are 171,928 confirmed COVID-19 cases in New Jersey with 13,224 coronavirus-related fatalities.