NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Phil Murphy held his daily briefing. Watch below.
Daily COVID-19 numbers and updates
- Thursday saw 516 new positive test results, bringing total confirmed cases in New Jersey to 168,496 since pandemic began.
- New Jersey reports 37 new confirmed coronavirus fatalities, bringing state total to 12,835 since pandemic began.
- New Jersey nursing homes, assisted living facilities and other long term care facilities can welcome visitors again, in designated outdoor space, starting this Sunday, June 21.
- Some rules and restrictions are in place if a resident has COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive, Murphy says.
COVID-19 in long term care facilities
- 116 new cases overnight, bringing NJ total to 35,600 cases
- 22 new deaths in these facilities, bringing total to 6,152 total virus fatalities
Latest official numbers:
As of Friday morning, a total of 168,107 people have tested postivie for COVID-19 in New Jersey, with the state’s death toll now at 12,800.