NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Phil Murphy is holding a coronavirus briefing. Watch the news conference below.
- The state’s 18,000 licensed pharmacists have been authorized to administer COVID-19 tests.
- CVS will offer self-swab tests at 50 locations across the state by the end of May. An announcement of the locations will be made at a later date.
- Health Department guidance has been issued to allow elective and non-urgent medical procedures to resume next week.
- In-person sales of vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles will be allowed to resume Wednesday at 6 a.m.
- There are 1,055 new cases, bringing the statewide total to 149,013.
- The death toll rose to 10,586 after 162 new fatalities were reported.
- Hospitals are treating 3,481 patients for COVID-19. There are 789 people on ventilators.
- The number of ICU patients fell below 1,000 since the beginning of April
- There are 28,312 positives in nursing homes statewide. There are 4,295 lab-confirmed deaths in nursing homes, a 1,400 decrease from what the state was initially reporting.
- The previous total, according to Murphy, included nursing home deaths suspected as COVID-19.
- Moving forward, the state will only show lab-confirmed deaths in nursing homes so that the data can be accurately compare to the statewide death toll of lab-confirmed deaths.
- There are 12 confirmed cases of MIS-C in the state. Nine of the 12 children have tested positive for COVID-19 and three are hospitalized.
Social distancing compliance
- A gym owner in Bellmawr who opened in defiance of the stay-at-home order was cited Tuesday for the second consecutive day.
- The police department and prosecutor’s office are looking into whether additional charges will be filed against the gym members who used the facility Tuesday, NJ State Police Superintendent Pat Callahan said.
Gov. Phil Murphy has outlined more details about the Garden State’s phased reopening, with some new allowances starting Friday. Watch more above.
Latest official numbers:
As of Tuesday morning, New Jersey has 148,039 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with the state’s coronavirus death toll rising to 10,435.