NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Phil Murphy held his daily coronavirus briefing. Watch in video below.
Governor’s Restart and Recovery Advisory Council
- Signing executive order to create Governor’s Restart and Recovery Advisory Council
- Advisory will break into nine committees: Facilities and construction , government, health care, main street, manufacturing, profession services, social services and faith, tourism and entertainment, transportation.
Community testing sites:
- Testing at Bergen Community College, PNC Banks Art Center will be provided to asymptomatic health care workers and first responders, personnel living in congregate living settings, and NJ residents who have been in contact with people who tested positive.
- Meadowlands Expo Center Field Medical station will close over the weekend, operations transferring to East Orange General Hospital
- 1,985 new cases, total cases at 135,454
- Hospitalizations at 4,605
- Cumulative deaths of long-term care facilities: 4,691
- 162 deaths overnight; total deaths 8,952
- Cumulative positivity rate: 37.7% daily positivity
- Human services ensures people’s SNAP benefits up for renewal in April has been extended
- Visit NJhelps.org to learn more and apply
First reported death of a child in NJ
- 4-year-old child dies of COVID-related illness
- first fatality in state of someone under 18, Murphy said.
- Child had underlying medical condition
Beaches and parks:
- If you’re in a park, continue social distancing
- Beaches: There are a number of earlier, feasible steps. Beaches are on the list. We’re trying to come up with a paradigm with a similar mindset we approached with parks.
- People need to expect that going to beaches will be a different experience
Hoboken will launch COVID-19 antibody testing pilot Friday for first responders and frontline workers. Testing site is located at 601 Jackson St. and open to pre-registered first responders from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The site will formally open to the Hoboken public in the coming week but appointments are required.
Over 100 National Guard soldiers will head to NJ nursing homes this weekend to help amid COVID-19.
Latest official numbers:
As of Thursday, New Jersey had 133,635 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with the state’s death toll rising to 8,801.